5 Tips to get your Lake Tahoe Home SOLD this Summer
As Summer creeps closer and closer, many home owners begin to think about re-listing or freshly listing their homes in South Lake Tahoe. If you are among those getting your home ready to sell, then this is the list for you!
Read more to learn about 5 ways to get you and your home ready to sell this summer.
1. Dig into the file cabinets and get your paper work ready.
Pull out all the information you have on your home and start to review it. Compile a list of the homes improvements and all receipts that are relevant. Did you put a new roof on? Install a new water heater? Upgrade your electrical panel? All of these improvements are things that a potential buyer will want to know about and should be factored into the price of your home.
2. Organize and De-clutter. Time to get serious and organized. One of the top turn offs for a buyer is a cluttered, unorganized home. Many buyers have trouble looked past personal items. Those nick-knack and family photos maybe cute and sentimental to you, but to potential buyers they are seen as clutter and a distraction to the home. If you can’t bear to part with some of your
junk prized possessions, then consider packing them and storing them until you are no longer showing your home.
3. Get ready to clean!And by clean, we don’t mean just your normal weekend routine! Time to get down and dirty.
Clean EVERYTHING from top to bottom. Dust ceiling fans and base boards. Scrub the toilets and faucets. Shampoo carpets and shake out the rugs. If this sounds like a step you are considering skipping, then hire a professional. Nothing will turn a buyer off faster than a dirty home.
4. Get a pre-inspection. Yes, a pre-inspection. You might think that inspections are only for buyers, but you’re wrong. Getting a home inspection before you list your home gives you an upper hand. With the home inspection you’ll already know what potential problems could be unveiled and have the opportunity to fix them before you list. This can be a huge benefit because it takes away some of the buyers bargaining power if there are no problems with your home.
5. Start staging. Some people differ on opinions with this one. Some think is it a waste of money and time, other think it’s a necessity. Perhaps getting your Realtors opinion would be the way to go on this one. Sometimes staging a home can really help potential buyers see the home and how it could be used. Tasteful decorations and lighting can help show off some of the homes best features while down playing some on the less favorable one. Don’t forget the outside curb appeal also! The better your home looks from the curb, the easier it will be to get them in the front door.
Hopefully these 5 tips will help you get ready to successfully list and sell your Lake Tahoe home this summer!